Sivanappan

 

Former Director of Water Technology Center of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Professor Dr. R.K. Sivanappan. He is also known as the father of drip irrigation in India. We met Professor Sivanappan in his residence at Saibaba Colony, Coimbatore.

 

 

There is more water in India. But we do not use them properly. There are 20 large rivers in our country. In all these rivers, the Central Water Commission, Central Research Institute, Accordingly, total water in 20 rivers is estimated at 186.97 hectares. Specifically, it is estimated that about 35 percent of the water available in 20 rivers will be used. They also indicate that the remaining 65 percent of the water is uneven in the sea. The linkage of rivers in India is vital. The National Water Resources Conservation Agency analyzed the level of water in all the valleys in India.

Link to the full interview